Monday, June 6, 2011

Etsy etc.

I've been making a real attempt to keep my online shop up to date and active.  I find that, while I really like having an online shop, it can be time consuming to keep it going.  I guess I feel that the time I spend taking photos, editing photos, coming up with descriptive details, setting prices, and networking is time not spent in the studio creating.  But.....I REALLY like Etsy! I love the look and ambiance of the whole site and the community feeling and the way it is constantly being updated to make it easier to post and get to know other shop owners.  And it makes sense to invest some time in my little shop.  I’m not doing a lot of markets right now so listing some of my works on Etsy means that they get to be seen.  Instead of putting them away for markets this fall I’m giving ‘the right person’ a chance to find one of my beads.  With this frame of mind I'm organizing my week into days focused in the studio and days spent tending to the on-line shop and also making a concentrated effort to keep my stock at home well stored, and the studio kept neat and tidy.  One ‘goal’ for me was to get involved in some teams and I’m very happy that I have been accepted into the warm group that is The Etsy European Street Team.    Another goal is to make a treasury and share it with others so with that in mind I’m going to leave you here and make my first Etsy Treasury.  Thanks for reading….oh and more beads are on the way….I’m planning on making a new post later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment