Wednesday, June 15, 2011

'The Line-up'


Things have been coming together slowly in the studio! I’m please but trying not to get too excited about it since I believe high expectations occasionally stifle the creative process. Sometimes creating something (anything) comes from sticking with what you know and what you feel comfortable with. As mentioned in earlier postings, I’m a bit homesick at the moment so beach themed beads are what I keep coming up with even though my mind may start out elsewhere when I first sit down to the torch. The beads in the line-up above are my latest pieces and even the one ‘garden’ bead would remind me of sea-grass on the Florida pan-handle beaches. Each of these beads were supposed to be sets when I picked the glass colors and lit the torch but you see what came of ‘planning’ That’s the lovely thing about working in the flame…..sometimes the glass just decides for you! ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment